As a librarian and archivist for the past 35 years, Nancy Loe has assisted hundreds and hundreds of people in libraries and archives with their family research in the United States, Europe, and Scandinavia. Her own tree has more than 10,000 ancestors found in the United States, Norway, Sweden, Scotland, Austria, Prussia, South Africa, New Zealand, and Australia.
Nancy's established rate is $40/hour with a two-hour minimum in advance. Flat rates are available based on the project.
Nancy specializes in:
- Complete multi-generational research and tree compilations
- Short record searches
- New avenues and resources for brick-wall ancestors
- Family tree review and clean-up of sources, citations, and places
- Organizing your research for easy use
- Transitions between online family trees and desktop applications
- Help choosing and training family members on family tree software
- Research and creation of keepsake books, charts and posters from your family photographs
- Preservation of family papers and photographs
- Search strategies
- Chicago and Cook County records
- Research in Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Ohio, and Minnesota
- Scotland and Scottish parish and census records
- Norway and Norwegian records
- Sweden and Swedish records
- Prussia and Prussian parish records
- German parish records
- U.S. Federal census searches from 1790 to 1940
- B.A. in American History, Aurora University, Aurora, Illinois
- M.A. in American History, The Catholic University of America, Washington D.C.
- M.S. in Library Science, specialization in archives research, The Catholic University of America, Washington D.C.
- Head of the Local History and Genealogy Department of the Pikes Peak Library District, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Librarian Emerita and former Head of Special Collections and University Archives, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, California
- Pikes Peak Genealogical Society (first president, life member)
- Association of Professional Genealogists, Southern California Chapter
- Society of American Archivists
- Society of California Archivists
- Illinois State Genealogical Society
- Southern California Genealogical Society
- Santa Barbara County Genealogical Society